Make candy bark or candy-loaded rice krispies treats for fun holiday gifts...
- For candy bark, simply melt chocolate and spread a thin layer over a lined cookie sheet. Then top with the the chopped candy of your choice. Sprinkle in crushed pretzel, too... it gives a nice salty counter-balance to the sweet! Chill and then "break" the chocolate into small pieces.
- Loaded rice krispies? Um.. yes! Marshmallows melted with a little butter, rice krispies or choco krispies, and a medley of chopped candies = a great holiday gift for teachers, neighbors and friends!
Chop up chocolately treats and freeze to use hroughout the year. These make great additions to cookies and pancakes, are delicious, fun ice cream toppers and how about gourmet smores... yum!
We have to admit that this idea is our favorite! Invite friends (and their leftover candy) over for these fun wine-candy pairings...
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Gamay
- Twix and Syrah
- Sour Patch Kids and Reisling
- Snickers and a dry red blend
- Hershey's Kisses and Red Zinfandel
- Kit Kat and Pinot Noir
- Candy Corn and Prosecco
- Twizzlers and Pinot Noir
- Gummy Bears and Pinot Grigio
- M&Ms and Merlot
- Skittles and Sauvignon Blanc
And, of course, many groups will take Halloween candy donations and send them to our troops!
Have other creative uses for leftover Halloween candy? We'd love to hear them!